26 February 2006

Carling Cup Final: United 4 - 0 Wigan

United beat Wigan 4-0 to win the Carling Cup today. I don't care what competition it is, it's great to win a trophy and I've been grinning from ear to ear since this afternoon. United were wonderful but I do feel sorry for poor Wigan, espescailly their goalkeeper Mike Pollitt who had to come off after only 10 minutes of his big day due to injury. He was clearly devastated to come off.

Perhaps the most touching part of the day was the United players going up to get their medals wearing shirts 'For you Smudge', as a touching tribute to Alan Smith who was horribly disloacted his ankle and broke his leg against Liverpool last week.

I'm not jumping up and down like I was when United won the Champions League or anything but it's always a great feeling to have won a cup. Well done to the players!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home