21 May 2006

Once more

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more...
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
(from Henry V, 3.1.1-14)

It's never a good thing when you find yourself blogging instead of revising the night before your first exam...but I'm doing it anyway.

It's exam time yet again and what better motivation than the famous speech from Henry V to get you going. Admittedly there isn't quite the same kind of pressures and adrenaline for a Law student facing an exam than a soldier facing his enemy in war but it's appropriate nonetheless, espescially as it's a Contract exam tomorrow (breach of contract..."once more in to the breach" - credit the lecturer for making the link but you know a joke's not funny when you have to explain it. Thank God tomorrow isn't a comedy exam.)

The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Come on you lawyersssssssssssssssss!

4 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Good Luck Mus!! I am sure you will do excellent!

I am having my Company Law exam tommorow. I am so glad Law is not my calling. I can never remember the names of the cases. I think I will just memorize them tommorow morning and hope I will remember it for 1 and half hours....

09:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers mate, hope Company went well for you!

08:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mus!

xkx

09:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers Kim. Just had Tort exam today, which included a bit of Clinical Negligence. I was going to do it but then saw the question, bottled it because it looked hard and did Nuisance instead.

You better stay out of trouble then.

16:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home