25 September 2006

Reading 1 - 1 United

I never thought the day would come when I'd see my two favourite teams play each other and when it did it was terrible and beautiful at the same time. It was like watching your wife and secret wife have a fight. You sit there terrified yet sort of secretly enjoying it as well.

As I was surrounded by Reading fans I cheered for my local team but while I did that I felt like I was cheating on United. Then again, when the United fans started making fun of Reading I felt like I was cheating on the Royals by wanting United to do well. In the end a draw was perfect but I was particularly proud of the Reading players. We showed the world that we belong in the Premiership.

My camera decided to die on me during the warm up so I didn't get any good pics but at least the memory will stay with me. I did get this one of Ronaldo strutting his stuff though. If you ever get the chance to see him live you've got to go do it. You don't appreciate just how good he is until you do.

"Argentina! Argentina!" I love this man. If I were a woman, I would have his children.

If this was supposed to be wife v girlfriend on the pitch, it should have been prawn sandwich v prawn sandwich off it. United and Reading fans are supposed to be among the more quiet fans but Saturday couldn't have been any different. I've never seen the Madejski jump like it did that afternoon and I wish I knew how to share the feeling with you but I can't. I tried to film some of the end but by some mystery all I have got is the sound of the crowd but only a picture of my jeans to go with it and no one wants to see that.

Wife meets secret girlfriend


"We are Reading"

I learnt a few songs from the United fans as well. My personal favourite probably isn't printable but I'll print the first part of it so you could guess the rest: (to the tune of I want to go home) "He plays on the left, he plays on the riiiiiiiight, that boy Ronaldo makes Beckham look *****". You can hours of fun working that one out.

Once you've done that you can check out the match highlights. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home