03 July 2006

Scorchio!

It's official - we have a heatwave! In fact, I'm going to Indonesia at the end of the week to escape Britain's soaring temperatures. The plus is that there's more tanning opportunities here. I am naturally brown anyway but whenever I return to Jakarta I am ridiculed and ostracised for looking pale and albino compared to my brethren. Can't be letting that happen again.

Hot weather is great unless, like I did on Friday, you spend 3 hours stuck in the M25 rush in a car without air-conditioning. In that event you need a CD to remind you that summer is supposed to be a happy time. So get that top pulled down and radio on baby with a bit of summer on your stereo:

1) Stereophonics –
Have A Nice Day
2) Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Universally Speaking
3) Don Henley – Boys of Summer
4) The Who – My Generation
5) Bryan Adams – Summer of ‘69
6) Feeder – Buck Rogers
7) Anchorman – Afternoon Delight
8) Mungo Jerry – In the Summertime
9) Rolling Stones – Start Me Up
10) Los Lobos – La Bamba
11) Will Smith – Summertime
12) Lighthouse Family – Ocean Drive
13) Jack Johnson – Better Together
14) The Beatles – Here Comes the Sun
15) Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
16) Len – Steal My Sunshine
17) B52s – Love Shack
18) New Radicals – Just Can't Get Enough
19) Young Rascals – Groovin’
20) Louis Armstrong – What a Wonderful World
21) Ottis Redding – Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay
22) Third Eye Blind – Semi-Charmed Life
23) Orson – No Tomorrow
24) Shaggy – Boombastic
25) Anything by The Beach Boys

I have blatantly forgotten some quality summer tunes. Leave a comment if you reckon I've had a stinker and left out a classic.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

summertime at no. 11??? it is clearly THE numero uno summe tune eva..."here it is, the groove slightly transformed..."

12:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Summer Jam - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWCKbIvZalM ? Yeah, good call.
Oh man, I remember hearing that playing from your room once or twice. Makes me miss the Maudslay Road days!

That song also reminded me of another good one - Kevin Little's 'Turn Me On' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB1wwb1lyn0 . For some reason reminds me of sitting in the KISS FAHM mobile.

By the way, the songs aren't in any particular order.

22:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Mus, u r coming back!!! give me a ring! it's not that scorching hot here (with the air cons of course)

14:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vid! Ya, saya balik hari sabtu. Kayanya saya masih ada nomor teleponmu. Nanti ku telepon kalau nomornya masih ada.

22:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home