28 December 2005

Five random points

My apologies to Jen for taking so long about this but I have been in bed with a fever for two days. Anyway, as per her request, here are five random points:

1) I never seem to get ill during term-time but invariably break down at the start of the holidays when my body is fed up with me.

2) I always get wierd dreams when I'm ill and I think they are real. Last night I woke up in a cold sweat after I dreamt that I was a mediator between two women in a dispute about who owned each of the four pillows I had on my bed. I woke up needing some water. I was obviously a bit delirious because before I tried to sleep again I looked at the pillows on my bed and actually tried to work out who they belonged to. It confused me so much and when I returned to my dream I got angry with the women for having such a stupid argument.

3) Barring getting up for that sip of water, I slept for 15 straight hours. My record is about 20 hours when I was put in my school's sanitorium four years ago.

4) I prefer 'alternative'/natural medecine (eg. acupuncture, herbs etc) to western chemical remedies. A few years ago I had some bad masuk angin (I don't know how to explain what this is in English) and I got taken to see this guy called Alfred who lived at the back of a slum in Kemang (South Jakarta). He cured me by banging the sole of my left foot with a hammer. It was damn painful but it worked a treat.

5) I don't conform to the rule that says "Starve a fever, feed a cold". I feed everything.

4 Comments:

Blogger fe li ci a said...

take caaaaaaaaare musssssss!!!

01:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude... acupuncture suCKSSss!!... my ankle's still MESSEDD UPPPP!!... any HERBAL remedies u kno of??.. ask ur sensai in South Jakarta man!!... AHAHHA...

Ciaoo dude, take care, and come back in one piece!!!

00:07  
Blogger Mus said...

Thank you Fel for your concern and Vaq and co for the spelling correction.

Chris, don't know herbal remedies for a busted ankle man. Not sure you want to go see Alfred with a broken ankle either...he'll take the thing apart with his hammer!

05:19  
Blogger dindins said...

OMG mus...i have the worse case of angin also! if i ever go to jakarta u have to take me and see alfred! :P

12:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home